Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Race the Ranch 2010

This past weekend held the first race of my 2010 season; Race the Ranch in beautiful Kamloops British Colombia. With over 350 racers it was quite an event indeed. The course was super fun with plenty of jumps and a few gnarly parts thrown in for good measure - Nothing short of what I expected from the loops! After a full winter of training arduously I was quite excited to see how I would do in competition. Practice on Saturday went really well despite some hybrid precipitation during our special practice just for Juniors and Elite men, but it was all good since it settled the notorious dust for the following day of racing.

On Saturday evening I went to see the Follow Me premier with my friend and Teammate Evan. The movie was off the hook and seeing it out in Kamloops was a great experience, especially since most of the riders on the big screen were in attendance.

Come Sunday our category was one of the last to start. My race run was pretty clean, despite being a bit too conservative on a few parts of the track. My time was decent, however it only got me an 11th place finish. Unfortunately that's about 11 places back of where I wanted to end up. Riding on this team is a pretty big deal for me so I feel that I have to make the next race a lot better. Fortunately you learn something from every race, and in last weekends case I reckon that during races you have to ride with confidence in your skills and push yourself as hard as you want to win.

Overall, It was a super fun weekend and an excellent way to kick off the season! My next big race will be the Mad Trapper in Panorama at the end of June. In the meantime I'll certainly be training harder than ever in pursuit of my athletic endeavors. I'm really looking forward to see what this summer has in store!

Cheers!

Daniel Banks

No comments: